Search This Blog

July 11, 2013

Why I loved Lootera?



Disclaimer: I am not a movie critic or reviewer. I cannot qualify to be one as I see few Hindi films and like even fewer. Spoilers (kind of) ahead.



I am not going to elaborate about the very believable and mature acting skills of the relatively two new lead actors, the fantastic cinematography, the haunting music, the director’s vision and nearly perfect execution of what is just a love story. You probably have read or seen that for yourself by now.


I do not know at what point I became a part of the story that was being enacted before me - the thrill and joy of being in love for the first time, the child-like happiness in spending some stolen moments with your loved one, the coy glances and gestures which spell out love, the devastation of rejection, the anger and frustration of betrayal, the deep sense of loss, the thought of revenge. And still somehow the focus throughout the movie never shifts away from love.


We have all gone through our bits of falling in love, rejection, guilt, may be even revenge. But very few of us have experienced that kind of obsession of loving someone. The mad, crazy, all-consuming love. 


The movie made me want to feel what it is to fall in love passionately, crazily and also have someone love me that way. What we usually  have is very comfortable, routine love. No waiting for years, no one who climbs a tree to stick a leaf, no dilemma of having to choose between anger and passion.  


The movie may have you yearning for this crazy kind of love. Or it may remind you of some old crazy love.


Go see it and feel it for yourself. (Tip – Best seen alone, without any distractions and nudges over sharing your popcorn)

No comments:

Post a Comment